To train the next generation of journal editors and promote diversity, SIL is pleased to launch the Inland Waters Associate Editor Mentoring Program for Early Career Researchers (ECR). Applications are sought from ECR members to become Associate Editors in-training under the mentorship of senior editors.
Inland Waters associate editor mentees review submissions, identify potential reviewrs, act as a social media ambassador, and attend editorials board meetings under the mentorship of senior editiors.
The mentorship program was launched in 2021 and had several successful applicants. This program has been very popular with SIL ECR members.
In August 2021, we recruited 7 new mentees:
• Fengzhi He, Post doc, IGB, Germany
• Benjamin Misteli, PhD Candidate, University of Rennes 1, France
• Dengjun (Kevin) Wang, Assistant Professor, Auburn University, USA
• Joanna Rosinska, Science and Technical Specialist, University Poznan of Medical Sciences, Poland
• Clay Prater, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Oklahoma State University, USA
• Maho Iwaki, Assistant Professor, National Institute of Technolgoy, Maizuru college, Japan
• Ma Cristina Paule-Mercado, Post doc, Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic