SIL, the International Society of Limnology is the only international association of scientists entirely devoted to the study of inland waters. SIL holds international congresses every two years, and encourages limnological research in all regions of the world and actively supports emerging science from developing countries and young scientists through various funding programs. SIL congresses are the place to meet and get to know well-known limnologists as well as scientists at the onset of their career.
Discover the benefits of being a SIL member. They include:
- Free access to SIL’s peer-reviewed journal, Inland Waters
- No page charge fees on your papers published in Inland Waters (the first author has to be a SIL member)
- A substantial discount if you choose to publish your article in Inland Waters as Gold Open Access
- A substantial discount on registration fees to SIL Congresses
- A selection of active Working Groups, each with a focus on a different aspect of Limnology, which you are welcome to join
Student members are eligible and encouraged to participate in the International SIL student competition held every two years, before a congress, at which the best published paper is chosen and announced